Blackstone Valley Paddle Club Safety Standards
The Blackstone Valley Paddle Club is a group recreation activity. In order to help ensure the safety of the entire group, we require that each individual member follow the club’s safety standards.
By signing and dating the Log Book, I agree to abide by the following Blackstone Valley Paddle Club safety standards.
1. Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) must be cinched at the shoulders and sides and worn in the manner intended by the manufacturer (i.e. fully zippered and buckled) at all times.
2. The Paddle Club meets each Tuesday night at 6:00 p.m. and "Intro to Paddling" nights are held one Thursday per month. The trip will begin by 6:15 p.m. Due to daylight restrictions, the Club is not able to wait for latecomers.
3. While on the water I will keep at least one boat behind me and one boat in front of me in sight at all times.
4. I will follow all instructions provided by the designated trip leaders
5. Certain trips and river conditions can require intermediate to advanced paddling experience. The trip leaders will make information about river conditions available. I am aware that it is the responsibility of each paddler to gauge their own skill level.
6. No participants age 7 or under are allowed. All participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
7. Participants are responsible for bringing any medical supplies necessary for their own medical conditions. i.e. EPI pen, inhalers etc.
8. By signing below, I certify that I am physically capable of swimming 50 yards. If signing for a minor, I certify that they are physically capable of swimming 50 yards.
Phone # ______________________________
E Mail ________________________________
Signature: ___________________________Date: _________
Parent or guardian for participants ages 8-15: _____________________________________
I (circle one) YES_____ NO_____ give my permission to be photographed during Paddle Club for the purpose of promoting recreational opportunities.
Back to Blackstone Paddlers